Policy 4 RCW 11.88 Guardian Ad Litem Code Of Conduct
Download Free Print-Only PDF OR Purchase Interactive PDF Version of this Form
Policy 4 RCW 11.88 Guardian Ad Litem Code Of Conduct Form. This is a Washington form and can be use in Pierce Local County.
Tags: Policy 4 RCW 11.88 Guardian Ad Litem Code Of Conduct, Washington Local County, Pierce
PIERCE COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT
RCW 11.88 GUARDIAN AD LITEM
CODE OF CONDUCT
All Guardian ad Litem’s shall fully comply with this Code of Conduct and the
requirements of Superior Court GALR, effective 11/01:
1. The appointed Guardian ad Litem shall decline the appointment if they are not qualified,
competent, or able to complete the matter in a timely manner.
2. The Guardian ad Litem shall maintain the ethical principles of their own profession in
addition to compliance with this Code of Conduct.
3. The Guardian ad Litem shall promptly advise the court of any grounds for disqualification
or unavailability to serve.
4. The Guardian ad Litem shall avoid self-dealing or association from which the Guardian ad
Litem might directly or indirectly benefit, other than from compensation as a Guardian ad
5. The Guardian ad Litem shall not guarantee or create the impression that any portion of the
investigation will remain confidential, and shall inform all witnesses that the information
gathered by the Guardian ad Litem must be reported to the court.
6. All records, including contemporaneously maintained time and expense records, of the
Guardian ad Litem shall promptly be made available to the parties and their attorneys for
review upon request, without formal discovery request(s) being made. Copies of the
records may be made by the parties and their attorneys under circumstances that assure that
the file remains complete, organized and intact.
7. Once admitted to the RCW 11.88 Registry, all Guardian ad Litem’s shall fully comply with
all continuing education requirements established under Pierce County Local Rules and
GALR, as amended.
8. The Guardian ad Litem shall report to D.S.H.S. and the court, any adult abuse as defined in
The undersigned acknowledges receipt of the foregoing, has read the same and GALR, and
agrees to be governed by all.
(Adopted 5/4/98; amended 5/6/02)
American LegalNet, Inc.