Motion To Confirm Termination Of The Automatic Stay As To Personal Property Collateral For Failure To Take Timely Action
Download Free Print-Only PDF OR Purchase Interactive PDF Version of this Form
Motion To Confirm Termination Of The Automatic Stay As To Personal Property Collateral For Failure To Take Timely Action Form. This is a West Virginia form and can be use in Bankruptcy Court Federal.
Tags: Motion To Confirm Termination Of The Automatic Stay As To Personal Property Collateral For Failure To Take Timely Action, West Virginia Federal, Bankruptcy Court
IN THE UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT
FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF WEST VIRGINIA
MOTION TO CONFIRM TERMINATION OF THE AUTOMATIC STAY AS TO
PERSONAL PROPERTY COLLATERAL FOR FAILURE TO TAKE TIMELY ACTION
ON THE DEBTOR’S STATEMENT OF INTENTION
_______________ (the “Creditor”) moves for an order confirming termination of the
automatic stay imposed by the Bankruptcy Code with respect to certain personal property pursuant
to 11 U.S.C. § 362(h)(1)(B), and in support of this Motion states:
1. _______________ (the “Debtor”), an individual, filed a voluntary petition under Chapter
7 of the Bankruptcy Code on ______________ .
2. The Creditor is a holder of a promissory note dated _______________, signed by the
Debtor, in the principal amount of $__________. A copy of the Note is attached hereto as Exhibit
3. As security for the Note, the Creditor took a security interest in the following personal
property of the Debtor: ____________________________________________(the “Personal
Property”) which secures, in whole or in part, the Creditor’s claim. Evidence of the Creditor’s
security interest in the Personal Property is attached hereto as Exhibit B.
4. The date first set for the meeting of creditors under § 341(a) of the Bankruptcy Code was
5. The Debtor timely filed a statement of intention indicating that the Debtor intended to
[surrender / redeem / reaffirm] the Personal Property.
Page 1 of 2
American LegalNet, Inc.
6. The Debtor failed to timely take action on the Debtor’s specified intention within 30 days
after the date first set for the meeting of creditors under § 341(a) of the Bankruptcy Code.
7. The Creditor has not refused to reaffirm the debt owed to it based on the party’s original
8. The Creditor filed this Motion on __________________, which is more than 30 days after
the date first set for the meeting of creditors.
9. The Debtor’s Chapter 7 trustee has not timely filed a motion stating that the Personal
Property is of consequential value to the Debtor’s bankruptcy estate.
WHEREFORE, the Creditor requests entry of an order that:
A. Confirms that the automatic stay provided by 11 U.S.C. § 362(a) in favor of the Debtor
and of the estate is terminated with respect to the Personal Property as of _____________, which
date is more than 30 days after the first date set for the meeting of creditors; and
B. Confirms that the Personal Property is no longer property of the estate as of that same date.
Page 2 of 2
American LegalNet, Inc.